cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tivo Box Pixelation

nickling
On our wavelength

I am also having issues with the 2 Tivo boxes we have. The Pixelation has been happening for weeks, both live and on recordings. It doesn't happen on the V6 Box we have, just on the Tivo boxes. Every time I have an issue like this, I feel so frustrated and powerless to fix it.

It's one of a series of issues we've had with Virgin Media. We have been customers for over 15 years and pay them £100+ per month, but I always feel just as frustrated and powerless when it comes to issues. Calling and sitting on hold for an hour (or over) is soul-destroying. They are supposed to have a web-chat facility, but trying to find how to access that is impossible - there are no links at all from the website contact pages or on the Virgin Media App.

I've complained multiple times about our On-Demand services not working, every time I get an email with the resolution of 'apology to customer'. That's not a resolution!!

I'm getting to the end of my tether. If there is anyone out there that can help me, please get in touch.

Thanks,

Nick

34 REPLIES 34

Thanks for your PM @nickling,

I have re-scheduled the tech visit as per your request 🙂

Please sign into your online account for confirmation.

Hope this is okay.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nickling
On our wavelength

Perfect, thanks.

nickling
On our wavelength

The Virgin engineer has been and gone this morning. He was excellent. Knew his stuff, was very knowledgeable about everything and most importantly, he managed to fix the pixelation issue!

This was down to the connections in my home being out of date (they were old Telewest boxes with radio ports!). Once the outside connection was tightened and the interior wall box changed, the pixelation issues were gone.

He said there was nothing he could do today about the On-Demand issues, as that was down to the TiVo boxes themselves. The On Demand works through the TiVo modem, which was fine when they were first launched, but now struggles with bandwidth given the boom in On Demand services.

So he said he would recommend swapping both TiVo boxes for V6 boxes, but that there was a supply issue with at the moment and a shortage of V6 boxes, meaning it is unlikely they can be swapped immediately. He said it may just be best to wait a month or so, then contact Virgin again to see if they have any V6 boxes in stock, which I will do.

Thanks all for your help.

Hi nickling,

Thanks for coming back to us on this and updating us on how the engineer visit went. 

We're glad to hear that things are resolved for you now. If you have any further issues going forward then you know where we are.

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nickling
On our wavelength

Just a quick update on this one.

I contacted Virgin via web chat to ask whether or not they had any V6 boxes back in stock, so my Tivo boxes could be upgraded as per the engineer's recommendations.

Apparently there's no record of the engineer's recommendations on my account and the person was unable to answer my question, so sent me links to the self-help services.

Unless the self-help allows me to post myself some new V6 boxes, I'm not sure that it's appropriate!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's your contractual status? Are you in a position to renegotiate your package and make sure that includes a box-swap?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nickling,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. 

Apologies for the issues faced, may I ask how many boxes do you have? Also do you currently have a V6 box on your package?

Thanks,

Kain

nickling
On our wavelength

Possibly. It could be an option. But I shouldn't have to renegotiate my package for Virgin to replace hardware that doesn't work. It gives the impression that providing me with equipment that works is them doing me a favour, rather than the minimum expectation of service from a service provider.

nickling
On our wavelength

3 boxes. One V6 and 2 Tivo.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nickling wrote:

But I shouldn't have to renegotiate my package for Virgin to replace hardware that doesn't work.

Indeed so, and any fault replacements are part of your monthly subscription which no-one will have issue with.

The difference here is that the faults process can only be expected to replace like-with-like. It will sometimes provide an upgrade from TiVo > V6, but a package renegotiation will always be the best way of getting these.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks