cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TiVo stuck on startup loop

ALF28
Super solver

I also had this today, v6 box stuck on startup.

switched off power for a few minutes

restarted and took ages but eventually came back on after several minutes

reason unknown

no faults indicated on service status

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi ALF28,

It does sound like a problem with the amount of disk space. You really need to start doing housekeeping and not let it get to 98% full.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

ALF28
Super solver

v6 TV box, fault happened again today, no programmes displayed-channels not available and no sound.

removed power for a short while and cured this, then working by forcing a reboot and startup  but two red light on the front, wifi  and two arrows.

switched on hub 3 and the two red lights went off, these 2  red light are not mentioned in the manual or on the virgin online v6 help??

does this mean the hub3 and wifi are required for start up now?, otherwise it requires a reboot to start without wifi connection.

there is an option under help and settings to clear or reset, I wonder if I need to do that but would not want to loose all my recordings.

is my box faulty or is it because I had the hub switched off?

RANDOM REBOOT OF V6

My V6 hub acted very strange yesterday. The Hub3 was switched off at the time

I recorded a film assuming 1.5/2 hours but later found it was a 6 hour film so may have run out of space on disc.

The first problem noticed was channel 601 would not display and remote not working properly.

Then the v6 then did a random restart at 21.30 but the restart stuck for ages so removed power, this reboot also stuck on restart so removed power again and it restarted but tried to load channels and got stuck at 33%.

I switched the hub back on in case it needed to update.

However the v6 worked after this, the wifi was weak at 50% but then increase to 52% and worked again.

The strange thing was the 6 hour film was fully recorded yet after the  fault occurred yet was less than half way through and another recording was split into 2 parts. I deleted some recording to make space on the disc  back to 98%. from100%

The "my shows menu" seemed jumbled at first when using playback of the other recorded programmes was bringing up the wrong ones as if jumbled for a while then seemed to correct itself

However today all seems normal, so not sure if this was the disc running out of space or a reboot by virgin that upset the v6.

I  will see if it happens again, the last time this happened was December 2020 as in my previous posts and will remove more programmes of the disc.

I use series link facility but this can quickly fill up the disc space so need to monitor space on the disc.

alf28

ERROR CODE S102

I forgot to mention I had the error code S102 which confirms the V6 was trying to get channel information-

Also the v6 may have lost it's activation code for some reason.

The box rectified after two reboots, but unsure of the actual cause?

see 

TV Error Code s102 | Virgin Media

Solved: Error code (s102) - Virgin Media Community - 4349295

alf28

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi ALF28,

It does sound like a problem with the amount of disk space. You really need to start doing housekeeping and not let it get to 98% full.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newappollo

Thanks for the tip, I will delete out some programmes and try to get it well down below 98%.

I have been running  between 97% to 100%, perhaps  that was the problem.

It is a rare  for this to happen, so  I will see how it goes if I clear out a lot of recordings, and aim for 80%, I have filled it up with films and music and need to do the housekeeping you suggest.

alf28

HI @ALF28,

Thank you for reaching out to us here. We're to help.

It looks like @newapollo has suggested something to you that should help alleviate things for you. Let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!