cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TiVo box recordings in HD keep freezing

davidbalerno
Dialled in

Hi japitts, I have the same problem with my old TiVo box - recordings (none of which are recorded in HD) are freezing once or twice during playback then restarting a few seconds further on. No other problems with live pause/rewind. Any suggestions? If needs replaced how can I save/transfer older recorded films/progs?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi David,

Thanks for joining me in a private chat, after doing full checks a replacement has now been ordered and will be with you within 5 working days, this comes by a courier and can be delivered between 8 am and 9 pm.

By using that link earlier you can see what can be transferred and how.

Kind regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved the post to a new thread to avoid replies getting confused..

By means of general info - it's standard practice with any box-swap or replacement, the recordings on the old box are lost and cannot be recovered.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chaoshusky wrote:

but if you do not connect the old box to your co-ax feed (which will de-activate the channels anyway) you can still fire up the old box without a live feed

No VM TV box will boot up without a working co-ax feed.

Removing the co-ax before it's deactivated, and crucially not powering it down or rebooting, may be what you mean...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

7 REPLIES 7

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi davidbalerno,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are having issues watching recorder content without freezing.

I have had a look our end and can see a few issues with the TiVo which may need replacing, if this is the case unfortunately only the settings and series links can be copied over, you can find out more here.

In regards to your current box I will invite you into a private chat so I can help further, I will send a invite over shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi David,

Thanks for joining me in a private chat, after doing full checks a replacement has now been ordered and will be with you within 5 working days, this comes by a courier and can be delivered between 8 am and 9 pm.

By using that link earlier you can see what can be transferred and how.

Kind regards

Paul.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved the post to a new thread to avoid replies getting confused..

By means of general info - it's standard practice with any box-swap or replacement, the recordings on the old box are lost and cannot be recovered.

They cannot usually be recovered, i'm not sure which model of box they have, but if you do not connect the old box to your co-ax feed (which will de-activate the channels anyway) you can still fire up the old box without a live feed and watch your stored programmes, that was the case with an old Cisco box, at least..

Definitely sounds like the Hard Drive is dying though, i'm having similar issues at the moment!

Great news they're sending you one though! The most you'll have to do is log on to your account, or call 150 and request they send the "magic signal" lol

Kind regards,

Lee

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chaoshusky wrote:

but if you do not connect the old box to your co-ax feed (which will de-activate the channels anyway) you can still fire up the old box without a live feed

No VM TV box will boot up without a working co-ax feed.

Removing the co-ax before it's deactivated, and crucially not powering it down or rebooting, may be what you mean...

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dave,

You are very welcome, please let us know if you have any further issues once the technician has been?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, here is the original thread and confirmation of replacement ordered, have also replied to your PM.

Kind regards, David