cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TiVo box is making annoying buzzing noise

SKB60
Joining in

We too are receiving a buzzing noise, however, this noise has developed today. We have started up the TiVo box, and there's an intermittent buzzing noise, and the box is constantly rebooting, not even allowing it to go through to the menu.

Can we get some advice/help please?

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The first bit of advice is forum etiquette... it's better to start your own thread than tack onto someone else's.. I've done it for you 😉

If your TiVo is constantly rebooting, it's faulty and you should report that. You can either call in (150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or wait here - might be a couple of days - for VM staff to pick up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

As our problem is of a similar nature, we thought it best to tag on, in case the issue could be remedied in the same way. We have tried 150, we have tried other avenues, which is why we are now here.

Whilst I understand you have a claim to be a very insightful person, it would also be insightful to allow people the opportunity to access this forum as they need.

Thank you for your concern.

Hi SKB60,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that your Tivo box is making a buzzing noise and keeps restarting. It very much sounds like the box has reached the end of it's life and probably needs replacing.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can arrange an engineer visit with you

Beth