cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV Pixellation Worse Than Ever

Xtefe
Tuning in

We have the same problem.  Engineer came out and said it was not our end.  There is an ongoing issue in our area that they aim to fix by 15:00…

yesterday.  Now left hanging.  We are paying for a service we are not getting!

For me the channels most disrupted are

120 it be+1

125 W ***

126 Alibi

127 Dave

128 Really

129 Yesterday

130 drama

137 Sky crime

143 4seven

180 Sky replay

245 Eden

286 Hgtv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Xtefe

sorry that you are still having issues with the TV Pixelating. I have rechecked the ticket that is open and can see the estimated fix time is still set as tomorrow at 9am.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

44 REPLIES 44

StevieBee
On our wavelength

I hope you don't, but I wouldn't be surprised if you end up having the same problem on and off for years to come.

Seems to be an endemic issue throughout the Virgin network which they are either unwilling or unable to fix.

The last engineer was keen to give me the £50 to recommend to a friend booklet, but to be honest you wouldn't subject a friend to this - you wouldn't have many friends left if you did.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Xtefe wrote:

We have the same problem.

Then please start a new thread, I've done it for you 😉

@Xtefe wrote:

There is an ongoing issue in our area that they aim to fix by 15:00…

yesterday.  Now left hanging.  We are paying for a service we are not getting!

Check the automated status line, which is usually the most reliable info for local/postcode-level outages - 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported on there, then there's a very strong chance your issues are only affecting you - and you should report them to VM so they can be investigated/rectified. As you say - you're paying for a service which includes repairs & servicing, so get VM on the case fixing it!!

@StevieBee"Seems to be an endemic issue throughout the Virgin network which they are either unwilling or unable to fix.".

Digital TV platforms exhibit poor signal in picture breakup, in the same way that digital mobile phones have broken & dropped calls. So fix the reason for the signal problems (by reporting the fault) and you fix the symptoms. I appreciate the other poster adding "me too" to your post has complicated the thread (one of many reasons for starting new threads for new problems), but all the same... you too are paying for a fault-free service, so keep on at VM until they provide that....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks but it was the automated status line that said they hoped to have it fixed by 3pm yesterday.  Will this be updated before Monday?

Actually it has now been updated to 3pm today.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Xtefe

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you were experiencing an outage this weekend. I can see that the full outage that was affecting you has since closed as fixed. Are you having any further issues on your services?

I have check our systems and can see we are currently investigating an SNR issue or 'noise' in the area. This means that you might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to have this completely resolved for you as soon as possible. The estimated end date of this is currently 21 FEB 2022 at 09:00. 

Please let us know if you have any further queries or issues after this time. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Charley,

Thanks for the update.  Unfortunately we still have the pixelation occurring, although it does seem to be much improved at the moment.  

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Xtefe

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How's the image been since the last reply?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It’s definitely improved, thanks. It seems to have cleared for the moment at least. 

And it’s gone again, it’s now coming and going every few minutes.  It’s become unwatchable again 😞