cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV Picture Pixelated Tivo box

Dan306
On our wavelength

That looks familiar. Having the same problem too. Don't expect any help on here. Just phone 150 and they'll put you through to India.

11 REPLIES 11

Dan306
On our wavelength

Well said. I can't believe how bad VM customer service has got. I've had pixelisation on and off for months. The 150 and this community forum are pointless.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I see you've got a long thread about account issues here but if you want the best help from this community forum it's much better to start one single new thread explaining your issues. That gives other users (and staff) the best chance of being able to help.

I don't think you've mentioned about TV pixellation issues before, so I'll include my standard advice to anyone with these sorts of problems...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Dan306,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm sorry to hear of your pixelation issues, I have looked into this and cannot see any issues with your TV service and its connection to the network.

Is this issue happening on all channels or particular channels?

Is it on live tv, on demand or recordings or is it happening all the time?

Have you tried a different HDMI cable and port on your TV?

Regards,

Steven_L

Dan306
On our wavelength

It's still doing it but not as bad as yesterday, even then it has seemed to improve in the past only to return later. Hd channels are worst and basically everything that I have recorded for months have been unwatchable to the point I'm using Freeview on my TV to watch live instead , which is why I'm here in the first place. I'm paying for a service I can get for nothing and I'm fed up with calling to haggle and deal with foreign call centres, I would rather leave as I'm out of contract and go to Talktalk who have offered me what I want with a yearly saving of £300.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dan306

Thank you for getting back in touch and confirming the issue is mainly with HD channels and recordings. I am afraid if the channel is pixelating, this will reflect in the recordings. 

Are you able to try another HDMi cable with the box? Also, are all of the cables connected to the equipment secure and without damage? 

Thank you

N

Nat

Dan306
On our wavelength

@Natalie_L wrote:

Hi Dan306

Thank you for getting back in touch and confirming the issue is mainly with HD channels and recordings. I am afraid if the channel is pixelating, this will reflect in the recordings. 

Are you able to try another HDMi cable with the box? Also, are all of the cables connected to the equipment secure and without damage? 

Thank you

N

I tried this the last time I complained and there was no difference. Honestly I don't want Tivo anymore as I already have all these channels on my tv.

I phoned recently to tell VM this but unfortunately I spoke to a foreign call center worker. I have nothing against them for queries/minor problems but for talking about contracts/bills I want to understand 100% of the conversation.

I have been busy with other things and trying to get this resolved has shown me that VM only care about money and not my satisfaction. Honestly I want to leave.

Dan306
On our wavelength

Didn't mean to hit helpful answer, it wasn't. Don't know how to remove it.

Hi Dan306,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you are still facing issues with your TiVo box, if you already have the same channels Via your TV and no longer wish to keep it, this is something you will need to speak to our customer relations team to discuss, it is only them who can remove a service, you can call them on either 150 from a Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 options 1,3 then 4, you can also Text remove TV to +44753 305 1809, a member of the team will aim to respond within 24 Hours.

Regards

Paul.

Dan306
On our wavelength

Thank you for the info. Didn't know I could text. Is there a direct number for cancellations? or can I text that too?