cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TIVO box recordings picture pixelated

firebrandlady
Tuning in

I've also had this problem for the last few years and its getting so bad that i can't watch recorded content any more.

Can't watch anything from Catch up as it says that I don't have WiFi part way through.

Complained about this via the phone back in 2020 but as it was covid couldnt do anything.

Live Tv is great no problems at all.

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's far better to start your own post explaining the issues, than add to someone else's - I've done it for you this time.

The thread you'd added to was regarding a TiVo box, but you've referred to WiFi - the TiVo doesn't have WiFi. Is this definitely the box you have? Check here if you're not sure 

If live TV is fine, then problems with OnDemand won't have anything to do with issues on recordings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I willl make a new post as suggested.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@firebrandlady wrote:
I willl make a new post as suggested.

No, your post has already been moved to a new thread. Just click "reply" in this thread to explain more about your issues please.

Which TV box do you have - TiVo, V6 or TV360? I've posted links to pictures above.

What is happening with each of live TV? OnDemand? Recorded programmes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Had this Tivo box for many years, with many problems.

All Recording are so Pixeled that its not worth watching.

It doesn't matter which channel i'm recording.

Live TV has a great picture.

Can't use Catch up as part way through it stops and says that it need wifi (which i know it doesnt have), It uses Cable not wifi.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@firebrandlady wrote:

All Recording are so Pixeled that its not worth watching.

Live TV has a great picture.

Please try pausing live TV for a short while and watch delayed by a few minutes. Does that also breakup?

If so - your TiVo has a failing hard drive, and when you report it to VM, it should be replaced via a tech visit with a V6. Providing you have VM home broadband.

pausing live tv doesnt pixel very often but it does occasionally

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both paused TV and recordings, use your TiVo's hard drive in exactly the same way.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @firebrandlady, and I'm sorry to hear of the pixelated TV services.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and we can look into the prospect of replacing the set top box for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Sorry theres no purple envelopes for me at this time.