cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rubbish service

JKDerry85
Tuning in

You should do what I am doing - move to Freesat, best thing I ever did. 

Freesat relies on proper TV signals, and never ever did I have any signal problems.  Freesat signal strength and quality if always at 100% - and unlike Virgin Media, you can check the signal easily - Virgin hide signal checks in their menu of complete and utter bull in their systems sections, where only a cable engineer can understand. 

Freesat was SUPERB - the signal quality never pixelates - unlike Virgin, who recently again had been pixelating on channels - they are a CABLE service, where they boast that weather does not affect their signal - well cable signals are always affected, just look at the number of people on here complaining about pixelating on their Virgin TV. 

We had a huge thunderstorm recently, and when I checked the signals on Freesat, to my astonishment they had 90% - fantastic. 

Move to Freesat - better TV service. 

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @JKDerry85,

You can find our full channel guide here if that's helpful at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JKDerry85 wrote:

What is the "Mixit" channel pack? How many do I get?

"Mixit" is VM's basic TV tier, that is broadly equivalent to Freeview. You can view the full channel listing, on the table at the bottom of this page 

If you'd get some value from using your VM box to stream online rather than your laptop, I'd suggest looking to swap your TiVo for a V6 which runs the exact same software but on much more capable hardware.

It all depends on a) Whether the pricing works, and b) Whether that's an option you want to consider. Only a conversation between yourself & VM Retentions can decide that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks