cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Recording Hiccups not working

Bunting
Tuning in

Thanks for all the info. I’m very disappointed that two of our programmes haven’t recorded this week but were replaced by Wimbledon. This also happened on the iPlayer.  Surely if I a program to record the recorder should be intelligent enough to record the program and not record at the time on the channel if the bbc has made a change i.e. BBC1 to BBC2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any "dud" recording on a TiVo in this scenario can also still link to the VoD version of said programme.

Scroll down to "Watch from" on the playback screen, and the VoD/iPlayer option will link to the programme, regardless of which channel it was shown on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You'd added to a thread more than a year old, so I've moved it to a new thread.

You have hit on 2 issues here...

1: The TiVo EPG runs on a (roughly) 6 hour refresh cycle. If a programme is dropped completely, then the first-aired-date should be corrected in time for the rescheduled slot, and your TiVo will pick that up. If your TiVo's SL is channel-specific and the rescheduled programme is on a different channel, then the SL won't pick it up unless you change your SL to "all channels".

2: Wimbledon schedule changes - your complaint lies solely with the BBC here. They are the broadcaster who make these changes, Virgin Media merely carry the channels.

To be fair to the BBC, channel changes for Eastenders & The One Show were widely publicised before tennis fortnight. The "On the day" changes - refer to point 2.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/bbc-wimbledon-schedule-plans-go-awry-on-day-one 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any "dud" recording on a TiVo in this scenario can also still link to the VoD version of said programme.

Scroll down to "Watch from" on the playback screen, and the VoD/iPlayer option will link to the programme, regardless of which channel it was shown on.

Thank you Sir. Very helpful