cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pixellating pictures

PollyPerkins
Joining in

I had this issue for quite some. Pixilation happened one most channels but if the same programmes were viewed using catch up then the the pictures were perfect.  The problem was only resolved when Virgin provided a new Tivo box.

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PollyPerkins 

Do you have any service issues at present?

Poor signal (which is often the cause of pixellation & picture breakup) is often resolved by replacing some equipment - sometimes the set-top-box, sometimes cabling or connections between your box and the street cab.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PollyPerkins
Joining in

All very true.  However, if when viewing using catch up the pictures trouble free, this would indicate that the cable connections, signal strength TV set, HDMI cables are all in order and would probably point to a faulty set-top-box

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not necessarily. OnDemand uses the internet, not the broadcast TV method that live channels use. The cables from the streetcab to your box are the same, but how the different content is carried over that cable, is different.

Report your fault to VM and they are well-placed to identify where in your install the problem lies, and then fix it for you. You can either do that by calling in (150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or by waiting on here for staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PollyPerkins,

Thank you for raising your issue and welcome to the community!

Apologies for the issue faced, now from looking at the account I can see some poor readings from the box itself which we'll definitely have to get someone out for you.

I'll send you a PM to iron out all the other details.

Thanks,

Kain