cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pixelation

i_am_not_a_bot
Just joined

Pixelation on most channels and all recordings. Mostly impossible to watch. Main box is OK but secondary box has all the issues. From several posts here it appears to be down to a problem with the input signal and that an engineer needs to make a call out. How do I book that? I cannot book anything on-line or get through to a service team by phone. I got through to someone by selecting "I want to leave' and they said that they would call back after 1600 when the local issue (ME8) with the broadband had been resolved. Internet has been back up since about 15:45 but I have had no call. It is now 17:52. So, how do I book a call out please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@i_am_not_a_bot wrote:

Pixelation on most channels and all recordings. Mostly impossible to watch. Main box is OK but secondary box has all the issues

First thing, please try swapping your 2 boxes around and see whether the fault follows - that way, you ID whether the fault is with your box or the internal cabling.

Once you know, then fault reporting is via the route you have already chosen - 150/0345 4541111 and "I have a fault" options. Often if there's an existing area fault, VM systems prevent new faults being logged until that's resolved.

You could also wait around here for VM staff to respond, that may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@i_am_not_a_bot wrote:

Pixelation on most channels and all recordings. Mostly impossible to watch. Main box is OK but secondary box has all the issues

First thing, please try swapping your 2 boxes around and see whether the fault follows - that way, you ID whether the fault is with your box or the internal cabling.

Once you know, then fault reporting is via the route you have already chosen - 150/0345 4541111 and "I have a fault" options. Often if there's an existing area fault, VM systems prevent new faults being logged until that's resolved.

You could also wait around here for VM staff to respond, that may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ok, I will have a go at this, but the screams from my husband when separated from his sports channels (on the primary box) may just be unbearable ;-D