Menu
Jubar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix and bbc iplayer

Hi. I’ve seen in other questions that sound noise reduction is an issue that’s stopping Netflix/iplayer with TiVo boxes.

I seem to have the same problem, so can this be resolved for my area please?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jubar 

What's the problem you're having with your TiVo/V6 - you've not said?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jubar
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

netflix or iplayer keep freezing during viewing. Rarely do we see anything without rebooting everything.

Yesterday - Christmas evening - we just gave up after rebooting 3 times on Netflix and twice in iplayer.

I notice that often only tv works when we go back in for a short time.

I see others have mentioned sound noise reduction which is supposed to fix this.?

We also have 888 on the screen which is also very annoying and I think is to do with having the text displayed on tv. 

Thanks for any help!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jubar,

The 888 is a fault acknowledged by the BBC, mainly occurring on Sony TV's, see this  >>> thread <<<< 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Jubar wrote:

Hi.

netflix or iplayer keep freezing during viewing. Rarely do we see anything without rebooting everything.

There are 2 common problems with streaming apps on the TiVo (as opposed to the V6)

1: The box is fundamentally old, and does struggle with running apps. There's no getting around this.

2: The on-board internet fails, unbeknown to the user. Easily identified by spotting the flashing green "heartbeat" (online) light on the front-left of the box - if the internet fails, then online streaming doesn't have a connection and will fail.

0 Kudos
Jubar
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. I think it’s probably an old TiVo box is the problem. I’ll have to ask VM to look into this.

Merry Christmas!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you're using streaming apps a lot, and have VM broadband (which is a requirement), I'd recommend taking a look at your overall TV package with a view to renegotiating it onto a more current deal. As part of that deal, see if you can get your box swapped to a V6 as part of the package.