Menu
JamesWilson
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code 602

Hi, sorry to jump on your post. 

Im also experiencing the same issues on my tivo box. The box i'm is the second one in the house, the first one is downstairs in the lounge/living room where the router is set up. The problem box is upstairs in a bedroom. The box doesn't have a ethernet connected and not sure if it uses WIFI to be able to watch on demand or catch up, However whenever I try to watch anything on either of those services I get the error code 602 after no more 3 minutes. I have reset using the switch at the back of the box and ran a test none of which seemed to work at all :(. When trying to use ondemand or catch up on the same TIVO box downstairs had no issues. Both the power and heart shape below light are lite green and don't flash at all. The 3rd one is blank also, not sure what else to try so had to post on here.

Hope someone can help as this quite annoying. Thanks James!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVoError Code 602

@JamesWilson 

I've moved your post to a new thread, yours has a few differences to the OP, I suspect.

Firstly, I'm fairly sure you have TiVo's because you've mentioned green lights, but also WiFi which only a V6 has. Check here which models you have? TiVo's use their own inbuilt 'net connection for which the green "heartbeat" light is the status, a V6 uses Ethernet or WiFi to your homehub.

Are you saying that you can start watching OnDemand programmes and they play ok, but then drop out partway through? You've mentioned 3 minutes, and I've a horrid feeling that would roughly correlate with the duration of the lead-in adverts and start of the programme.

You've mentioned some of your boxes working and some not  - if they're both the same model (i.e. TiVo or V6) have you tried swapping them round, to see if the fault follows the box or remains with the room?

A few other thoughts may follow once these bits are clarified.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code 602

Hi @JamesWilson,

Many thanks for your post and I'm very sorry to hear of the disruptions to your TV services.

Have you managed to swap your boxes as per japitt's suggestion? This may help narrow down where the issue is that needs dealing with.

Keep us posted,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos