Menu
Ian_Macky
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Radioline App

Why is the "Now Playing" information very slow to update? It updates for one song but then will show this same information while 2 or 3 different records play and then will update again. It doesn't seem to depend on the station being played. The Radio Net Android App, which this seems based on, updates very soon after a new song starts

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Radioline App

Hi Ian_Macky,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Radioline app.

I would recommend rebooting the box to see if the app updates. Switch the box off at the mains for a few minutes then switch it back on and test the app. If it's still updating slowly let us know.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ian_Macky
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

I did the V6 reboot a few weeks ago.  The Radioline version was 3.5 before and is 3.5 after the reboot.

The "Now Playing" is definitely better than it was.  It sometimes misses an update, especially if it is a short song, or updates not long before a song finishes.

I assume the app has been written to collect the information every couple minutes rather than every few seconds like the Radio Net Android App does.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Strange that the V6 version would be designed to work differently. Radioline are responsible for the Apps design & operation so I would have thought they would have made them the same.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos