cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R showing on TV listing

Bronxbomber
On our wavelength

Why does R keep show up on some of the programmes on the TV listing when I haven't pressed the RECORD button?

18 REPLIES 18

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This means the programme is scheduled to record.

If it's an "R" with 3 circles, that's a series link. One circle is a manual recording. In both cases, the recording will show under "my planned recordings"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I know that it shows up when you activate the RECORD option BUT the R is showing and there is nothing activated to record the progamme It just keeps showing up on random programmes???

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post up a photo of an example where you're seeing this? And also the corresponding section of your "my planned recordings" view for the same date/time

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi I'll check tomorrow and if its showing up again I'll see if I can get an image of it. If it isnt' showing I'll post an image when it happens again .

Hi S7302225.JPGS7302226.JPGhere are images showing the problem

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Odd. A few thoughts spring immediately to mind...

1: The programme on the EPG has as "thumbs up" next to it - this suggests that at some point it has been recorded, that's how the thumb normally gets triggered.

2: Can you go to "my shows" and see if that episode/programme shows as a live recording at the top of the list?

3: Can you tune to channel 100 and press the "play" button - does the progress bar just show the time elapsed since you've tuned to that channel? Or the whole duration of that "programme" as a recording?

Hi The programme had ended but it hasn't recorded I'll check the points you mentioned when I see it pop up again on an ACTIVE programme.Thanks for your help Its no BIG DEAL I was just curious as to why it was happening..

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bronxbomber wrote:

Hi The programme had ended but it hasn't recorded

Check your suggestions folder within My Shows.

That would potentially fit with the thumbs-up and apparent lack of recordings.

It can be disabled via the recordings menu if this is the reason.

Thanks I have never seen the THUMBS UP icon.???? and although the R has been showing up on spurious programmes it has never recorded that particular programme.  I noticed that I did have a lot of programmes in the RECORDING HICCUPS folder Is there a way to delete these? I