Menu
nickygalea
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Question regarding switching on TiVo box

I have recently received a new TiVo box.  However, I when switch the box on, no picture appears on the TV, I have to press the AV button on the TV remote and then the picture appears.  I don't have to change anything as it is already showing as being on HDMI 1.  I just wondered if anyone else has to do this?  It's not a great problem, just a bit of a pain having to keep the TV remote to hand!  I look forward to hearing any comments, thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Question regarding switching on TiVo box

Hi unless you have another device connected to the TV it should find the HDMI one output automatically, try powering on the TV before switching on the TiVo, when you say switch on do you mean bring out of standby.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
nickygalea
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky, thanks for your reply.  The only other device connected to the TV is a DVD player (connected by Scart).  Could this be causing the issue do you think?  I always power on the TV before the TiVo box as I had to do it this way with the old V+ box, but I never had to press the AV button with the V+, the picture just came on automatically.  Yes sorry I meant to say that I bring the TiVo box out of standby.  Thanks a lot. 

Nicky

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicky yes it's finding the scart as it takes president over HDMI so not to sad to press the input button once to select the TiVo.Regards Micky
0 Kudos