Menu
Squirrel1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Promised discounts not applied.

I'm having major problems getting my monthly payment package sorted. My promised year long discount has not been applied. So far:

7th June.

Spoke to female operator and advised her that I had signed up for the Full House package which included special discount for the first 12 months meaning a monthly charge of £75.00. My first payment which represented 2 months charge plus £25 installation fee should have been £175.00. I have been charged £273.20 instead. After investigation, she confirmed I was correct and I had been overcharged to the sum of £98.20. They did not offer refunds so their solution was to reduce the next two payments and give it back that way.

14th June.

As nothing had changed on my Log-In site, I spoke to another female operator and went through the whole story with her again. She eventually confirmed that what I was saying was correct and she had no idea why no action had been taken. She would make sure that the changes were made on the system and I would be refunded via the next two payments as agreed.

28th June.

Nothing had changed on my Log-In page showing a reduction to my next month’s charge and in fact, it was showing that I was going to be charged £124.10 on 4th July! I rang again and this time spoke to  a male operator and related the full story – again! Initially he told me that because I had not taken up the option of the extra TIVO box for another room, the deal was null & void and I would be charged full rate! I argued that this was not correct and he went off to speak to his supervisor. In the intervening time, I thoroughly checked the signed contract and this was not mentioned in any shape or form. He eventually came back to say that after talking to the supervisor, in this instance they would honour the contract and my July payment would be £0  as part of the way of refunding the money. The August payment would also be reduced to make up the balance. I told him I would like confirmation in writing to which he advised “this is not something we do”. He advised the figure shown in my Log-In would not show this but I would not have any payment taken off me in July and I advised him that if I saw it coming out of my account on 4th, I would ring back immediately!

Well, guess what, full payment taken out on 4th July! When I speak to the Call Centre I may as well be talking to the wind....how do I sort this out? Not a very promising start to my dealings with Virgin!

Highlighted
Cmrobertson33
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Promised discounts not applied.

Hi

My advice, raised a complaint via the VirginMedia site, keeping logs of chat, phone calls and any written responses. If you have no luck then, raised a further complaint through the 'Resolver' site.

I had a similar problem when moving house, they set up a new account and contract, and I had to ring a few times to get the credit back from my old account transferred over. Also, I have been promised certain discounts when signing up to Sky Sports, only for VM to use the current discounts I have to offset them. Complaint is currently with the 'Resolver' website, for escalation in two months time.

Regards
0 Kudos
Squirrel1
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Promised discounts not applied.

Having had a lengthy discussion with Virgin Complaints Dept, it looks like we have a resolution to the problem. They agree that they are in error in charging me incorrectly but there proposal is to issue a rolling credit over the next few payments to give me back the wrongly taken monies. I would much rather they refunded this to my bank account as it was totally Virgin's error but "this is not their policy!" Needless to say I will be watching the payments carefully over the next few months.