Menu
NannyHill
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Programmes recorded - only available on Netflix when I come to watch them

Hi.  I have spoken to Customer Services but didn't really get an answer.  I have programmes that I have recorded on the Tivo - when I come to watch them I am taken through to Netflix, but I don't have a Netflix account so can't access them at all.

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know why this is happening/what I can do to make sure that recorded programmes remain available for me to watch?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Programmes recorded - only available on Netflix when I come to watch them

If you actually have recorded a program, it remains available to watch until you explicitly delete it or the TiVo software needs its space to record new material.

It would be useful if you can give examples.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

NannyHill
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi - thanks for replying!  Ok, this is for my Mum's account and I've gone through it all with her as I don't have Virgin so completely unfamiliar with how the Tivo works.  It looks as though she hadn't recorded the shows she thought had deleted, she had just bookmarked them or set a reminder.  So when she was seeing the menu of the episodes they weren't actual recordings, they were episodes that were available to stream...from Netflix.

Thanks for your help though - we didn't even get told that when we rang up, so it wasn't clear what had happened!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I think you’ve sussed it out. You can bookmark programs and they will appear in My Shows. A bookmarked program that was available on either Catchup or On Demand would appear in My Shows when available and disappear when no longer available.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos