Menu
PortSaint
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Programme information bar

Can the information bar that appears at the beginning of programmes be switched off? Pauses the TV for a couple seconds. Annoying on certain programmes. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Programme information bar

The pause (stutter) and displaying of the info bar generally happens when the box is starting to record that programme/channel and it's a delay as the system clear buffers and starts the new recording buffer.

This shouldn't happen at the start of every programme, only when a recording is just beginning.

It is not the info bar appearing that is actually casing the delay - that is a "symptom" of the recording beginning, the same as the stutter also is.

Keith

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you use "Remind & Record" to manage your viewing then the above explanation is correct.

This should not happen if you are just changing channels using the numbers or channel up/down buttons on the remote.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi PortSaint, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your set top box. Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to disable the information bar, does this happen on all channels / programmes? Can you confirm which set top box you have?

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos