Menu
Midsummerdream
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Netflix

Can only watch Netflix for 10 minutes at a time before its starts buffering.. reaches 25% then freezes.  The green lights on the box start flashing and I have to wait 10 minutes before I can watch Netflix or any other on demand service again.  This happens every ten minutes.. sometimes less.. so very frustrating.  Paying £75 a month for Virgin and £7.99 a month for Netflix so this is not acceptable.

i know it's not a problem with Netflix as I have had to connect downstairs smart TV to the hub using an Ethernet cable and Netflix works fine on that.  This is obviously useless for the upstairs TV.. I have checked the forums.. many people are having the same issue but there are no details of how to fix.  Why am I paying for a service that doesn't work and how do I get this fixed??

Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Netflix

Hi Midsummerdream

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your service recently. 

I've taken a look at this from our end and we're not detecting any errors with your set top box at the moment. Can you talk us through how the set top box is connected to the network? 

Are you able to access any other apps or On Demand / Catch Up content? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Midsummerdream
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

My upstairs TiVo box is wired directly to the virgin media cable. My downstairs TiVo box is also wired to another main virgin media cable but is also connected to the hub with an Ethernet cable.  Neither box is connected to each other which I'm fine with.  Both boxes are having exactly the same issue.

I can watch on Demand and catch up and have no problem.  However when I watch Netflix after a while the green light on the front of the TiVo box starts flashing.. Netflix stops and starts buffering to 25%.  At this point I cannot watch Netflix, catch up or On Demand until the green light stops flashing which can take 5 to 10 mins.  This happens about 4 times while watching a 1 hour programme which is highly frustrating.

It has to be a problem with the boxes.. as I said.. I have had to connect my downstairs smart tv to the hub with an Ethernet cable to be able to watch Netflix and Netflix works fine this way.. but that is no help watching Netflix upstairs.

i know I'm not alone with this issue as I have googled it and many people are having exactly the same problem as I am.  Please help me find the solution.

Many thanks

Vixibell
Just joined
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have been having the same problem for ages now but I also get two messages when Netflix and catch up hasn't loaded. One message reads 'we're having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title' but then the same thing always happens. The other message says I'm not connected to the internet. My internet is always slow and dropping off so I've wondered if this it the problem and the internet is too slow for anything to work.

0 Kudos
Vixibell
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've just found some advice,

sign into Netflix> go to Account> my profile> playback settings> set to medium> save

I've just done this on my laptop and the title is playing on the TV and hasn't started buffering yet! Worth a try. 

0 Kudos
Midsummerdream
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vixibell

I'm getting the same messages.. I initially thought it was my internet speed too but the fact it works fine on my smart tv when connected via Ethernet cable means it can't be the Internet connection and must be the virgin TiVo box.  Starting to think the only way I'm gonna get this sorted is to change supplier.

Ive tried changing the Netflix settings previously but it didn't help.  Let me know how you get on or if the same thing keeps happening.

0 Kudos