cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime - cannot access on TiVo box

apocholite
Tuning in

I have a TiVo box but it will not allow me to access Amazon Prime - how do I go about getting a new box?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @apocholite 

You would need to switch to either the V6 (based on Tivo  your current interface) or a 360 box which is based on the Horizon operating system.

Both boxes require a VM broadband connection to work.

<<< This thread >>>   details some of the main differences between the Tivo/V6 and 360 boxes.

If you do have braodband with VM and yuor Tivo box fails then yuo will be upgraded to a V6 for free, otherwise yuo will need to speak to regrades and there may well be a charge for switching boxes, unless yuo are on the Ultimate Oomph/Ultimate Volt bundle.

You could ask for a free box swap as part of negotiation for a new 18 month contract.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @apocholite 

You would need to switch to either the V6 (based on Tivo  your current interface) or a 360 box which is based on the Horizon operating system.

Both boxes require a VM broadband connection to work.

<<< This thread >>>   details some of the main differences between the Tivo/V6 and 360 boxes.

If you do have braodband with VM and yuor Tivo box fails then yuo will be upgraded to a V6 for free, otherwise yuo will need to speak to regrades and there may well be a charge for switching boxes, unless yuo are on the Ultimate Oomph/Ultimate Volt bundle.

You could ask for a free box swap as part of negotiation for a new 18 month contract.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you Dave - I will look into it. Don't really see why I should be expected to pay if the technology falls behind the pace but there we go!

Cheers

Malcolm

If you can give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to look into this further for you.

We also have these contact methods available https://virg.in/contactvm or you can send your query to 07533016422 and we’ll text you back. We’re here 8am-11pm Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm on Saturday and Sunday.  We aren't able to make these changes via the forums apocholite.

Rob