Menu
Highlighted
Njg1308
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Power supply for tivo not working

Hi the power supply for our tivo box has given up (I am assuming this is the problem as everything else has been fine). The connection was just loose initially but it began to lose power all the time. Today it completely gave up and will do nothing, when reconnecting the lights continually flash on the front of the box but will no longer power on. Suggestions please

0 Kudos
chops
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power supply for tivo not working

it may not be the power supply - is the green light on it working ? if the lights on the front of the TiVo box light up and flash it may indicate a possible fatal fault with the TiVo box itself.
0 Kudos
Njg1308
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. So this morning the box came on and worked fine for 15mins then turned off again! Since then I can hear it is trying to turn itself on but no joy. All of the lights are flashing again and a blue one at the end? Will I need to call for a replacement tivo box? 

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes

0 Kudos
chops
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Njg1308 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. So this morning the box came on and worked fine for 15mins then turned off again! Since then I can hear it is trying to turn itself on but no joy. All of the lights are flashing again and a blue one at the end? Will I need to call for a replacement tivo box? 

Unfortunately, that does often indicate a hardware fault with the TIVo box.

You will need to book a technician visit to confirm that it is the TiVo box that has failed and provide you with a replacement.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Njg1308, 

Thank you for getting in touch regarding the issue with your TiVo box.  It sounds like we will need to arrange a technician to visit and run some checks on the box. 

Have you been able to speak to the team in regards to arranging a visit? If not, please give them a call on 0345 454 1111 / 150 option 1/2/2.

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos