Menu
smaingay
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Power box

I've received my 2 degree power boxes to enable me to watch recorded programmes between my2 different tivo boxes. I have connected one to my hub and one to my tivo box but can't see any difference in my shows. Surely I need z third powerbox for the other tivo box?? Can I get tbis for free too? 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power box

If you have two tivos you will need to connect one via ethernet to the hub and the other via the powerlines
0 Kudos
smaingay
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Right thanks. So how many power boxes do I need? 3? They only sent me 2 so that's no use to me. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You only need two.

One TiVo has an Ethernet connection to your Superhub by a direct Ethernet cable.

The other TiVo uses a powerline connection to effect the Ethernet connection over your electric wiring - one powerline connects to your second TiVo and the other to your Superhub. The two powerlines do have to be paired.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
smaingay
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Still a little confused.... so my hub is upstairs. Downstairs I gave a tivo in one room and a v6 in the other. Do I need a third power line / box then? I.e one for my hub and one for the v6 and one for the tivo?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 boxes can connect to the hub by WiFi. TiVO boxes don't have that option, so if they are not located near to the hub Powerlines are needed.

If the WiFi option on the V6 is inadequate, then consider using an add on to the Powerline network.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos