Menu
Tjl1966
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Possibly moving. New contract?

I am on. Vip bundle and it has gone up to £129 a month. I knew this was coming so no complaint. However, I am thinking of moving so can’t commit to a full year contract in case the place I move to doesn’t have cable. Some new apartment blocks don’t and I’m looking at downsizing to a flat. Having been on hold for 30 minutes already to customer services I thought I’d ask here. Do they do a pay as you go contract? I am well aware I could keep the one I have but will not be paying £129 a month.

any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Possibly moving. New contract?

Catch 22- If you change your contract you are locked in for 12 months...

If you dont, you pay the new price.

They DO do 30 day rolling now, but its seems to be nigh on impossible to switch from a standard contract to 30 day rolling. Worth a punt though.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team (Retired) Chai_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Tjl1966.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 🙂

Sorry to hear you're moving and thus needing to leave Virgin Media. 

To cancel, you'd have to give our retentions team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111, option 4, then option 4. They'd be able to assist with the cancellation procedure.

Please make sure to call us on time as there's a 30-day cancellation notice you'd have to give us.

Let us know how it goes. 

Kind Regards,

Chai_S

0 Kudos
Tjl1966
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They have dropped me down to full house, lost all my movies and sports and paying £74 a month. Dropped my internet to 100mb as well.

Still deciding if I want to move and if I’m staying will sign up for a year! Hope they give me a new deal! 

0 Kudos