Menu
Colin3691
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor customer service

I contacted Virgin to raise an issue regarding the speed of my recently installed broadband/phone line. I have a couple of questions. 

Why are customer services based outside of the UK? This extremely bad customer service. Call centres should be in the UK.

Why does it state that any issues/complaints will take up to 7 days before the customer is contacted? This time frame is unacceptable. If I have a problem I want to be able to discuss it with someone knowledgeable there and then. I then want it dealing with swiftly. This is extremely poor customer service. 

If I'd known that joining Virgin and trying to get problems dealt with was going to be such a hassle I wouldn't have bothered.  

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor customer service

'Why are customer services based outside of the UK? This extremely bad customer service. Call centres should be in the UK'

because it is cheap. it costs a fraction of the cost in operating one in the uk. the customers lost by those not happy with a company using an overseas call centre is still less than the savings made by having overseas call centres.

'Why does it state that any issues/complaints will take up to 7 days before the customer is contacted?'

having headed a complaints team (not virgin) , quite simply that each case can take different times to investigate. one case could take 10 minutes, another a week depending on the complexity. each case was dealt with in order. we had service level agreements with clients/customers and they were different for each contract. some had to be dealt with within 7 working days, others 30 working days.

there is a small uk call centre, 150 thinking of leaving option, but if they are busy you will be redirected overseas. we had that a few weeks ago. at the 7th attempt we got the uk one.

hold tight for a member of the forum team to reply to you. it could be tomorrow or a few days.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor customer service

Hi Colin,

Thank you for reaching out to us via our community, I am sorry to hear that you haven't been able to resolve your issue with your broadband speed.

Have you managed to contact us in regards to this?

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look further into this for you, I will send you a request shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos