Menu
Highlighted
SGarwood
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Poor Sky movie HD picture Tivo

Hello , we have noticed that some pictures on certain programmes will pixelate . In addition more so the picture quality on sky movies HD is dreadful in comparison to other HD channels. Any ideas ? Could it be upspeed issues ? Many thanks
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor Sky movie HD picture Tivo

Hi sounds like a signal level issue phone and go down the Tv faults route they can check the levels while you are on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to come to you and adjust the signal. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
SGarwood
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much , I have seen that a virgin rep will test online rather than a call ? Hopefully someone from Virgin will assist as well
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi SGarwood,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've run some checks on your equipment and I can see an issue with your downstream power levels that is likely causing the pixelation. I'd like to send a technician to fix this for you.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SGarwood
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Sky movie HD picture Tivo v6

Hello 

well and engineer came out Saturday 17/3 and removed a small piece of equipment called a forward path attenuator 10db. To be honest this hasn’t helped either . The quality we get from all of the other HD channels is fine , is just sky movies HD that’s the issue ! The films look like we are almost watching pirate copies . We pay an arm and a leg for this service and am wondering whether to switch to sky if this is what we are left with . Many thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sgarwood

I'm really sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing with your TV service. 

I've taken another look at the set top box to run some tests and things are looking well from our end at the moment, which is good news. 

Are you experiencing this issue at certain times of the day or at all times? Lastly, are you seeing this issue with any of the Sky On Demand or Catch Up content? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SGarwood
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Craig

The films on sky demand HD have a great picture it’s just if I was to watch a movie on sky HD live the picture is so poor. I have compared for instance the latest transformer  movie on live and on demand and the difference is quite amazing . I have read on here that it doesn’t seem to be just me who has the same issue maybe ?

many thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi SGarwood.

Thanks for your reply.

I'd like to arrange another engineer to check this for you so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jackie5
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly same issue, sky cinema HD very poor rest of channels on HD good. I’m presently on a trial with Netflix and HD quality is stunning compared to Sky. How Can I resolve problem.

0 Kudos
SGarwood
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello 

we had an engineer come out in the end for the second time , he fixed our settings and all is fine now 

0 Kudos