cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pluto TV not available to Tivo customers

Rillington
Up to speed

VM hlghlights Pluto TV in its showreel which plays when you are are accessing on demand content, yet it is not available to customers who have the Tivo box. Does anyone know why Pluto TV is not available to customers who have the Tivo box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rillington, 

Thanks for your post and thanks for your inquiry regarding the Pluto TV app. 

As it stands this app isn't available on the TiVo and there are no plans to add it. 

We are always looking at ways to improve our offerings to customers so if this is something that happens, we'll be sure to let you know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Because it's too old to run the app 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rillington, 

Thanks for your post and thanks for your inquiry regarding the Pluto TV app. 

As it stands this app isn't available on the TiVo and there are no plans to add it. 

We are always looking at ways to improve our offerings to customers so if this is something that happens, we'll be sure to let you know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

A belated thank you for your reply Kath.

Do you know why VM have decided not to foffer Pluto TV to Tivo customers? After all, it's part of the Tv package I am subscribed to so i don't see why I am barred from accessing content that I pay for as part of my subscription.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As @dannylau said, the TiVo box is now too old to run new apps and so if Pluto was added its performance would be a bad customer experience.

So the apps are made available on the newer boxes which can run them properly.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi @Rillington,

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. If you wish to discuss potentially upgrading your TV box and/or making an adjustment to your package, please reach out to our retentions department by calling 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline).

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Would I be able to access Pluto Tv and other apps not available on the Tivo box via Virgin TV Go? and if so, what apps would become available to mew?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rillington 

You aren't able to access any extra apps when using TVGO compared to any of the other VM set top boxes.

TVGO has shorcut links attached to some channels which if you have downloaded the individual app such as iPlayer or SkySports  app  will go to and open the app on your device so you can select the channel to watch, providing you have a valid VM subscription to those particular channels.

If you click on a BBC channel, for example BBC1 from within the TVGO app a link appears on screen advising BBC One is available on iPlayer and you are then given the option to Exit the TVGO app to switch to iplayer or Cancel the channel request - the same with Sky Sports main Event or Sky Sports premier league for example.

There isn't a Pluto TV link via TVGO nor is there a Pluto TV app available on the TIVO or 360 boxes.

Pluto was available via the My5 app on your TIVO box, with  a selection of programs under Pluto Drama, Pluto Food, Pluto Movies, Pluto Paranormal and Pluto Retro.

channel5.com/Removal-Of-Partner-Content-From-My5  explains that some content made available by partner channels will no longer be available on the platform from Sept 30th 2021. This includes Pluto.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
But there is a Pluto TV mobile app which is available to anyone with a compatible mobile device.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

cje85
Trouble shooter

You can also watch on PC/Laptop etc at www.pluto.tv also via Amazon Fire, Roku, Now TV, Chromecast, many smart TVs and all will deliver a superior experience over an old VM TiVo box.