Menu
Kilbeyhumphreys
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Please someone help?!?

So we come home from work today without any internet in our house. 

45 minutes later they told us the router/modem is faulty and will send a new one... this arrives Tuesday!! So 4 days no internet with 2 kids over the weekend. Oh joy!

So then we go to install this huge box for the TV I think it’s a TiVo (arrived in post) and followed the instructions. The box itself is twice as big as the old one which fit nicely on our shelf now this thing is huge!

followed all the instructions, called and activated etc etc to find out here is no remote in the box and it doesn’t work with the old one...

so of course I put the old unit back in and now get error 7400 with phone lines closed. So no TV and no internet! Absolutely marvellous!

can anyone here please help??

thank you. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please someone help?!?

To get an old TiVo working with a v6 remote press TV and clear together then press thumbs down 3 times then ok

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Shay_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please someone help?!?

Hi, Kilbeyhumphreys,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear about your services. I certainly understand what how you feel about this, I used my home services for important things as well, so I can understand how frustrating it is when services aren't working properly.

Can you please tell me if your internet service is now working? Let us know.

When you received an error message "Error 7400", it means your old TV box was deactivated. If you'd like to activate it, you can speak with one of our team on 150 from a Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111.

For the remote of your TiVo® box, I also recommend to speak with one of our team to have one sent out. This may take up to five working days to arrive. Meanwhile, there are some useful buttons on the front of your TiVo® box to keep you going. If you’ve already got your TiVo® box connected to your home network, you can use the Virgin TV Control app as an advanced remote control. To know more about it just please click here.

Hope this information helps.

Please keep us posted for any updates.

^Shay_S

0 Kudos