cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Player TV (M) or Mixit TV

admars
Dialled in

Hi,

I had a letter today about my current contract ending, and that i could change to a similar package if I want. braodband, is same, phone about the same

TV current:

Player TV (M)
TIVO Monthly Fee

Proposed
Mixit TV

The price difference is 1p, so I'm trying to see a list of channels to see what I would gain/lose for that extra penny 🙂 Can't find a channel list, when i go through upgrading package options when logged, and choose tv, it then goes to broadband as if I'm a new customer.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV channel guide is at the bottom of this page....

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide 

If you have VM broadband, try to negotiate a box-swap to the V6 at the same time. Runs the same software as your TiVo but on a much newer, faster box with 3 more recording tuners and extra apps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV channel guide is at the bottom of this page....

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide 

If you have VM broadband, try to negotiate a box-swap to the V6 at the same time. Runs the same software as your TiVo but on a much newer, faster box with 3 more recording tuners and extra apps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

thanks, just what i was looking for, doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle of changing though

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The package is personal preference, but you are unlikely to get any promotional offers on legacy bundles.

The TiVo > V6 thing, the V6 is a far superior box compared with TiVo. It runs the same software but with 6 tuners, more apps and generally is a lot quicker.

If you later decide to convert to 360-software - which to be fair is a whole other can of worms - a V6 can take it by a software update.