cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixilation on some channels, SNR issue?

RalphyRamone
Just joined

Hi, we have had this issue for a very long time now. On our TV, often live events like sports, but can be on normal tv too, the picture pixelates and distorts randomly..

We have had many engineers out, problem has never been solved. I believe it to be a Signal issue, and something to do with the cabling from the road, that goes all the way to the tv, something wrong with one or more of those cables

We have had new boxes, new cables (internally) and multiple engineers out and no fix at all

My dad wont do anything about it or phone up , so im posting here for any advice

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellation on live TV is a signal issue.

It could be caused by a fault anywhere from the streetcab connections through to your box tuners, so any part of that which hasn't been replaced, is potentially the cause.

Whose name is the VM account in? Your Dad certainly needs to report the fault - after all, he's paying for a fault-free service and too many customers suffer in silence rather than have problems attended to. VM staff respond to posts on this forum if you don't mind waiting a couple of days, but they will need to pass the same password-security as if your Dad had called 150.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello RalphyRamone.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an ongoing issue with the pixelating 
I'd like to take a look into this for you, providing you can pass security and are named on the account to discuss on behalf of your Dad.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message anyway. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L