cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixilation on recorded programmes

Impact
Joining in

Hello

I'm having an issue with intermittent pixilation when i play back recorded programmes

It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, if i rewind the pixilated bit and play it again, it's still pixilated

I assume this would be caused by corrupted sections on the drive?

Is there a utility to scan the drive and mark bad sectors? or do i need a new box?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Impact 

Is the pixelation just on recorded programs from certain channels, or is it affecting all recordings?

If it's just certain channels, are they pixellated when viewing them live? If so that would suggest a signal or wiring problem. Check all your wiring is snug and tight and free from kinks.

There isn't a function to scan the hard drive, however try pausing a live TV program and then play it back.

If that also has pixellation then it looks like it is a hard drive issue.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

It doesn't happen all the time, but i've not noticed that it's certain channels

We very rarely watch anything live, but it's never happened watching live TV

I've checked the wires and they seem fine

Thanks, looks like I need to call out an engineer

Thanks

Hi Impact

Thanks for posting in regards to the TV service issues with pixilation on recordings. 

It has been a few days since your post, were you able to speak to the team to get this looked into and arrange a technician? If so, were they able to resolve the issue during the visit and explain the cause?

Rob

Hi

Thanks

This issue has been overtaken by events, the box got itself into a reboot loop and an engineer came out yesterday and replaced it.

Thanks again

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Impact,

Thank you for coming back to us and updating us on this issue. 

Glad to hear that you've been able to have a technician out and that they've been able to replace your TV box! 🙂

If you come across any further issues, please let us know. We're here to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs