cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixilated picture on TV

AllyR1
Joining in

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to a Hub 4 Gigabit broadband service. I am using my existing Tivo box for TV. My TV signal is suffering from pixelation problems on most TV channels. I have spoken to customer service and they have arranged for a new Tivo box to be sent out. That may fix the problem. Has anyone had a similar problem with pixilated TV problems and how did they fix it?

Many thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AllyR1,

Thanks for your PM. I'm pleased to hear that an engineer was able to replace your box and get the issue resolved 🙂

Do let us know if we can help out with anything else.

Hope you have a great weekend

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AllyR1 

If VM have arranged repalcement box then they have decided that the issue is with the box itself.

I notice  you also have a Gigabit broadband service. You need broadband with VM to obtain one of the newer boxes. The TIVO is rather old now compared to the V6 and 360 boxes.

It might be a good idea to ask for a free box swap to a V6 next time you come to negotiate a new deal with VM. It's faster and also has more tuners.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks newapollo.

I have just received a message from VM to confirm I am receiving a V6 box. Hopefully this will resolve the TV signal and pixilated problem. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just for future reference, pixellated pictures on live TV are usually the sign of a signal fault somewhere.

If you've rebooted your box once and problems persist, then you either have a fault with your box or your cabling. By reporting it to VM, they can investigate where - and an engineer visit is the likely fix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AllyR1, 

Thank you for posting and for updating the thread. 

I see you have mentioned some new equipment was being sent so I just wanted to swing by and see if this has arrived and if the problem is now resolved? 

Thanks

Nat

Hi Natalie,

I was told I was to receive a V6 box as a replacement. But I received another TIVO box, which I replaced. It has not resolved the pixilated picture. Getting frustrated with this. 

Are you able to help?

Thanks,

AllyR1

Hi AllyR1,

Thank you for getting back to us. I really am sorry to hear that, I can completely appreciate your frustration.

As japitts has said, these types of issues are usually caused by a signal issue somewhere, so I think it's best that we arrange an engineer visit.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can get that booked in for you.

Thanks

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AllyR1,

Thanks for your PM. I'm pleased to hear that an engineer was able to replace your box and get the issue resolved 🙂

Do let us know if we can help out with anything else.

Hope you have a great weekend

Beth