cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixellation and Connection Issues

LindaAMS
Dialled in

I had previously reported pixellation issues on both of my tivo boxes a week past on weds and after an hour and a half was told a replacement for one of the boxes was going to be sent to me. I then rang again on Fri 26th Novas the issue got worse and had an engineer booked and told the new box was ordered but not dispatched.

Sun 28th Nov cancelled engineer as Tivos were having no picture issues. All was perfect ( barring the obvious Outage on Thursday 2nd Dec) but now on Sun 4th Dec pixellation is back on both tivos and both tivos and the V6 are coming up on the service checker that they are not connecting at your end.

Is this an issue at your end or is it an issue with the 23 year old cable tv cabling at our end.

17 REPLIES 17

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All known area faults should be listed on the automated status line - 0800 5610061.

If nothing's on there, your issues are likely specific to yourself.

In which case, the standard advice with pixellation queries is to reboot your box once and then report the issues to VM.

If you have more than one box at home, then are they all affected? The problem is more likely to be external if so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cheers yes been there done that with all the above before the first engineers was booked now it's affecting all three after nearly a week of if correcting itself before going bad again today. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HiLindaAMS, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your TV service. I've taken a look using your forum info and can't see any known wider issues at the moment, so I think it would be best to reschedule the engineer visit - please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope) and we'll get that sorted for you.

Tom 

Hi Tom, have replied to your.mwssage. It seem to be back to normal since Sunday evening with no issues but if it returns I will be in touch to arrange. So far so good though.

Hi under these circumstances don't cancel the engineer as it sounds like a signal level issue which can come and go, the engineer will check the levels between your box and the street cabinet and adjust accordingly. Regards Micky

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your problems have been ongoing for a while and have come/gone previously, I'd keep the appointment personally.

There's too many tales on here of visits being cancelled only for the symptoms to return - and the whole circle starts again.

So only cancel if you're absolutely sure..

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @LindaAMS

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How is your connection today? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Few bits of pixellation this evening to be honest so looks like it's going to keep reoccurring 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @LindaAMS,

I am sorry to see this.

Have you checked all the wires are connected properly? No damage? Also using the wired connection?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide