cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixellated screen on 2 HD channels

garypjackson
On our wavelength

hi, we have fibre and a V6 box. Currently TLC HD and quest HD are both unwatchable due to pixilated screens.

Can someone please arrange a test? 

Using Virgin to stream live radio @ 160kbps
4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @garypjackson 

Double check all your cabling is snug and tight with no kinks, especially the white coaxial cable.

Check the channels shown in the screenshot below. They are all carried on the same Mux (it's like the method used by Freeview to group their channels together)

If they are in your current package and showing the same symptons then it looks like a signal error and you will need to speak to faults.

Call  150 from a Virgin landline/mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Or wait a couple of days for a member of the forum team to pick this up for you.

channel issueschannel issues

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@garypjackson wrote:

hi, we have fibre and a V6 box. Currently TLC HD and quest HD are both unwatchable due to pixilated screens.

The standard advice for all pixellation queries applies just as much here as anywhere - this is likely to be a signal fault, so a 3 step process applies..

1: Reboot your box to eliminate a temporary issue

2: Check for known faults by calling 0800 5610061

3: If symptoms are persisting and there's no known area problem, then it may only be affecting you so you'll need to report it. Either by calling in (150 or 0345 4541111) or by waiting here a couple of days for staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. Called 150. Very quickly identified an engineer was needed, Booked for Saturday

Gary

Using Virgin to stream live radio @ 160kbps

Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you've had some issues with the picture.

Great to hear we have an engineer arranged, if you have any further problems please pop back and let us know.

Alex_Rm