Menu
taekwon123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation

For a long time now I have had bad pixilation on my TV, I have had this checked a few times and things are ok for a few days but then it starts again, i am getting fed up with the rubbish service from Virgin and am on the verge of leaving, when i call or use the chat all i get now is there is no fault so we can't do anything, it is sometimes so bad that it makes the sound stutter on my soundbar,

The worst channels are BBC, ITV, CH4 and CH5, it happens on other channels too both on HD and SD channels,

it does not matter what time of the day it is either,

I am in Area reference 31,

I have 2 Tivo boxes, 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs, it is only the downstairs one that is affected though,

Any chance someone from Virgin can look in to this, I am sick and tired of speaking to people that don't or won't listen!!!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelation

There's an element of sucking eggs about my reply, sorry about that now!

Firstly I can totally believe that the faults-IVR might be running a remote test, finds no fault, hangs up on you and you then have to redial to speak to an agent... seems a dumb setup to me, but there you go.

The agents may tell you there's no fault, but you're a paying customer so really... insist there is a fault and they need to resolve it. There's an option on the IVR for "thinking of leaving us due to unresolved fault" or somesuch, this will tend to get a UK-based agent which may be your "get out of jail free" option.

Otherwise a forum staffer will pick this thread up in anything upto a week and can probably intervene, but I'd like to hope that the telephone-based option should ultimately (IVR & offshore-agent frustrations aside) be quicker.

taekwon123
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

Thanks for the reply, I have spoken again to someone today and now have to wait 48 hours to see if service is better,

If it is not better after 72 hours, I will be pressing the leaving button,

Although after the person I spoke too earlier done a few things, I have a better reception, but will see how long this lasts as this has been done before, but if it does start happening again, I will be leaving,

I am not under contract anymore so no problem there!!!

0 Kudos