cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation on Samsung Tivo

Jeddie
Joining in

My old Samsung 500 GB Tivo box has gave up the ghost. It's getting really annoying now. It started out pixelating a few times during a show, now it's getting worse.

I don't know why i bother paying for sky sports as it happens worse on that channel. 

Anybody any ideas?

I have tried everything but throw the kitchen sink at it. Tried it on other TV's, different HDMI cables, swapping coaxial. Nothing works.

Cheers Jed.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Jed,

You can check for any known network issues by calling the the automated status line -on 0800 561 0061.

It's often easier to diagnose if you include the names of the affected channels and whether it's SD or SD.

Looking at the methods you've tried to rectify problem it would seem to be either a box fault or a signal fault.

The standard advice for all pixilation issues is to reboot once and then report the fault.

You can call  the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up, rather than going through all the automated tests .If that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two.

A little suggestion, if you also have broadband with VM, it might be worthwhile trying for a free regrade to a V6 box. It's faster, has more apps than the TIVO and also 6 tuners instead of the 3 on the TIVO.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could you explain what you mean by....

@Jeddie wrote:

Tried it on other TV's, different HDMI cables, swapping coaxial.

This is something that only a VM engineer should have done.

If you've rebooted your box once, and there's nothing reported on the automated status line, then you probably have an underlying fault that's best reported to VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks