Menu
AlanTaylor2
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation on BBC1 and BBC2

So, I'm in Scotland and earlier this week BBC1 and BBC2 HD moved to channels 101 and 102.  So far so good.  I have two tivo boxes, and on one of them (the main one) I have no problems at all.

On the second box, however, BBC1 and BBC2 HD are so pixellated as to be unwatchable. I've tried rescanning channels, and I've run various diagnostics to see if I can identify a problem, all without success. I've rebooted several times (first thing I tried). However BBC1 and BBC2 remain stubbornly unwatchable.

I'd like to think this is something that can be resolved without an engineer visiting, and would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelation on BBC1 and BBC2

First of all, but not pertinent to your issue, BBC2 HD remained on 162 in Scotland. 102 is still SD.

I’m not sure what you mean by rescan as this is not something you do for channel on a TiVo. Rescanning on a TV is something to do with the TV’s Freeview channels, as far as I know.

In any case, pixelation on Live TV is likely caused by signal levels which may be slightly different between two boxes and more than likely will need an engineer visit to fix.

0 Kudos
AlanTaylor2
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on BBC1 and BBC2

Thanks for the quick response - your right that it's BBC2 that I can no longer get, and that I meant refreshing my channel list.

I suspect that you're probably right that it's caused by slightly different signal levels, just frustrating that something as superficially simple as this can cause channels to become unavailable.
0 Kudos