cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation of screen

Rookie1968
Joining in

Pixelated screen different channels different days been happening for months.

fed up now been putting off contacting virgin due to previous experiences of customer service 

tried disconnecting all cables wires reconnected no good had the same box for years and years 

any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

It won't alter the end advice, but if you can identify any specific channels affected, it may well help ID the issue.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

It won't alter the end advice, but if you can identify any specific channels affected, it may well help ID the issue.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Rookie1968,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been having ongoing issues with your TV pixelating. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to do our best to help.  

I am unable to locate your account via forum details. When did this issue first occur? Have you been in contact with our team regarding this during this time? If so what was discussed? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Been going on for months and months didn’t want to contact virgin because of previous experiences with customer services still pixelating after contacting team and them running tests and sending a signal 

We further apologise for these experiences @Rookie1968

It appears this issue has been ongoing since March.  Our teams are aware of this and are working to resolve this as soon as possible. 

Please do let us know if the issue persists after and we will do our best to resolve this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

How long should i wait before contacting you again and why has the problem persisted since march and not fixed yet that seems s long time

You can get back in contact with us after the estimated fix time @Rookie1968

Our team would have aimed to resolve this complex issue by then or would have provided an update on the issue.

We further apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

What is the estimated fix time ?

Sorry for the confusion @Rookie1968

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Please look out the purple envelope on the top right hand corner of the page and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

No problem at all @Rookie1968. Happy to help.

Please let me know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team