cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation Issues on TIVO Box.

MacmillaN
On our wavelength

Good Afternoon,

For the last few days,I have been experiencing pixelation Issues on an original TIVO on various channels. I also have a V6 within the property which is not having pixelation issues.

Just wondering if someone could look into this for me.

Thanks

Also, tried the Telephone support and was sent a HDMI cable to sort the issue out, which seems to have not solved the issue.

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MacmillaN 

I would check all the cabling, internal and external is all snug and tight with no kinks, especially the white co-axial cable.

Also try switching the V6 and TIVO boxes around to see if the fault follows the box.

@VIPerson  Check your cabling as above and also check the service status at the top of the page.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just for info, I've moved viperson post to a new thread.

I'll add my stock answer to pixellation queries for good measure, in addition to the advice to swap the boxes around if only one is affected....

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Everything seems tight wiring wise, the V6 is in another room and does not have any issues with pixelation at all.

MacmillaN
On our wavelength

Box has been rebooted, the tech team over the phone even sent out a HDMI cable thinking that was causing the issue, which as you have pointed out seems to be a signal issue into the property, although since then Virgin has enquired about adding new boxes to our property although this did require a increased service fee!

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MacmillaN,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having on your TiVo box. 

I have been able to locate your account and I am unable to see anything that could be affecting this. 

Have you been able to try the suggestion from the other users?

^Martin

Hello Martin_N

i think when you possibly checked my account the original Tivo box was offline, i have now switched it back on and am still experiencing pixelation on STV, Channel 4 and a few others.

I checked to see if all the connections going into the tivo box appeared tight, I have two boxes within the property an Original TIVO in the living room and a  Tivo V6 in a bedroom. i also have virgin Broadband too. I have two VM Branded HDU's within the property one connecting to the TIVO box from the feed from the street and a second HDU powering feeding Broadband and the V6 in the back bedroom.Strangely i am not having any pixelation issues on the V6 within the back bedroom, just the original Tivo Box within the living room.

Thanks for your time Martin_N, Just wanted to explain things in more detail, i did enquire about the issue via Telephone Support, as mentioned they sent-out a new HDMI Cable, which did not seem to resolve the issue, then a few days later they wanted to replace the boxes within the property, whilst increasing the service fee, even though they had not resolved the pixelation issue and trying to tell them that was a hassle as all they kept saying was the new boxes would solve the issues.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MacmillaN wrote:

Strangely i am not having any pixelation issues on the V6 within the back bedroom, just the original Tivo Box within the living room.

Not at all strange, it just proves there's no external fault 😉

Have you tried swapping the 2 boxes around, as previously suggested?

Whether the fault follows the swap or remains with the location, will indicate whether the issue is with the box or your internal cabling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for explaining things further @MacmillaN

I have checked the account and at the time of writing can not see any issues. 

If you could try swapping the boxes to see if the fault follows the box as suggested and we can take it from there.

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you, i did switch the TIVO box with the V6 and during the time in-use i did not notice any pixelation issues.

But the box was only switched for around 3hours max, so it could possibly be the box that is the cause of the issue.