Menu
Tidd83gmail
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixelating recording

Hi since using the new virgin box some recording are pixelated and unwatchable. This has gone on for long enough now and it seems to be getting worse. I have tried unplugging, resetting and I have tried to call but I have been unable to get through, please help. 

Kris

Frustrated 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelating recording

This won’t get fixed unless Virgin Media know about it.

If the pixelation is only on recordings and not on Live TV, it is likely a hard disk problem which requires a box replacement. If it affects Live TV as well, it is likely a signal issue that can be corrected by an engineer visit.

You can wait here for Virgin Media to respond which takes around a week or persevere with the phone.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tidd83gmail

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently.

Testing the box from our end shows no errors, I hope that means things have improved since your post? If not, get back in touch and we'll do what we can to assist.

Talk soon
Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tidd83gmail
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for getting back to me but the issue is still happening on some recorded programs not all programs but it’s is still happening 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Collette_O
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tidd83gmail,

Thanks for getting back to us.  I would like to help further so I will request some information via private message.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos