cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelating and glitching picture on TiVo 500

Griff549
Tuning in

On going problem had 2 techs and cable pull problem not resolved last tech said it was being caused by the switch to the DOCSIS system and the Samsung TiVo not being able to handle it not changing to a V6 box would but virgin media are dying this and are willing to do anything about fixing problem, I have tried 3 different TV sets all 4k a HDMI cables the problem only happens when watching TV via the TiVo box, no problems when streaming  via internet or using xbox series x 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

The "switch to DOCSIS" that you've mentioned refers to the broadband side, and OnDemand/streaming uses the internet - again, not the TV signals that VM supply you with.

V6 boxes are much newer and quicker in general operation than TiVo's, but both varieties are perfectly serviceable and there's no proactive swapout programme. You could certainly ask for a TiVo > V6 swapout if the fault isn't being sorted, but there's no guarantees of it. You're probably worth waiting for the staff team to pick this post up - but be aware it may take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Griff549
Tuning in

Meant to say virgin are denying this and are not willing to do anything about it

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

The "switch to DOCSIS" that you've mentioned refers to the broadband side, and OnDemand/streaming uses the internet - again, not the TV signals that VM supply you with.

V6 boxes are much newer and quicker in general operation than TiVo's, but both varieties are perfectly serviceable and there's no proactive swapout programme. You could certainly ask for a TiVo > V6 swapout if the fault isn't being sorted, but there's no guarantees of it. You're probably worth waiting for the staff team to pick this post up - but be aware it may take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have had to techs out to this problem and still not resolved I have signal problems in the past this they didn't think it was that, I asked for another and was told I would have pay .

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All servicing & repairs are free unless there's willful damage involved.

Without knowing what's been tried so far to attempt to fix this, it's tricky to advise further. Bit you're paying for a TV service that should be fault-free, and your subscription includes the repair service.

Was this an offshore CS rep by any chance?....

Yes it was 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Griff549

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been having a struggle with your TV services. 

Have you managed to further speak with the technical support team regarding this? If so what has the outcome been? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

No not yet but it seems to have improved got a 360 box arriving today will how things go.

Hi @Griff549,

I'm just checking in to see how you're getting on with the 360? Let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

All seems ok at the moment