cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelated channels

paulbouch
Tuning in

Have an issue for a few days with pixelisation on channels - connection issues I thought. Changed all internal cables for new ones. Still the same. Investigation today seems it’s the cable running from the front of my house into the living room. Would it be worth getting an engineer out to take a look?

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any cabling on Virgin’s side of the hub or TV box is Virgin property & they should deal with any issues. Pixelisation is a signal issue, & may affect some channels more than others depending on which radio frequencies in the cable are out of tolerance. You can either give faults a call free on 150 from any Virgin phone (0345 454 1111 at standard landline rate from others) or wait here for a forum team member to follow up.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any cabling on Virgin’s side of the hub or TV box is Virgin property & they should deal with any issues. Pixelisation is a signal issue, & may affect some channels more than others depending on which radio frequencies in the cable are out of tolerance. You can either give faults a call free on 150 from any Virgin phone (0345 454 1111 at standard landline rate from others) or wait here for a forum team member to follow up.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paulbouch wrote:

Have an issue for a few days with pixelisation on channels - connection issues I thought. Changed all internal cables for new ones

Can you just clarify what you mean by "changed all internal cables for new ones"?

All of VM's cabling forms part of their network, and should only be replaced/amended by VM techs. DIY fixes, albeit well-intentioned ones, can sometimes make faults worse.

I'd suggest reporting your fault to VM by the usual methods

paulbouch
Tuning in

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated! I changed the cables from to TiVo box to the connection coming into the house ( Also changed cable to my Hub4 also) First issue I’ve had in many years to be honest.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paulbouch wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated! I changed the cables from to TiVo box to the connection coming into the house ( Also changed cable to my Hub4 also) First issue I’ve had in many years to be honest.

As per japitts post above, I would remove any DIY modifications from VMs network cabling ASAP. VMs frequencies are also used by other radio sources outside of their network, & any non “cable” standard kit you use will allow these signals to ingress onto the network. If these signals get back as far as street cabinet they then get amplified & sent to every other customer in the street, disrupting their services as well as yours & leaving you open to charges for fixing the issue.

These cable have been changed quite a few times over the many, many years I've had virginmedia (and before) due to moving equipment, wear and tear, cracks in cables etc and this has never made a difference before. I haven't had the 'original' cables for probably over 10 years.

Hi paulbouch,

Thank you for you post. I'm very sorry for the issue you're having with your TV services. 

Can you please confirm if you are getting error messages on your TV?

Can you confirm if you have 1 or more than 1 TV boxes?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

The Error code that comes up on the unavailable channels is W02

We have another box upstairs which is ok.

I have an engineer coming round tomorrow to take a look.

Thanks for getting back to me

Paul

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

W02 is a loss-of-signal error.

@paulbouch wrote:

The Error code that comes up on the unavailable channels is W02

We have another box upstairs which is ok.`

Try swapping your 2 boxes around, see if the fault follows the box or remains with the room. That way, you'll know before the engineer arrives whether the box is the problem or the cabling is.

Cheers, one of the first things I did to be honest, problem was the same even after switching boxes, but thank you for the reply.

Paul