cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelated Recordings.

Karl72
On our wavelength

Hi,we have a Tivo in one of our rooms thats the big older version and all recorded programs pixelate every 20-30seconds which is very annoying,normal tv’s fine other then the super slow/sluggish menus.We cant change it for the V6 box as we have 3 already in the house(kids rooms) i think thats what i was told when we paid for another box to be installed.Can someone look into this please as wife cant watch any of her recordings at all on that box.

Why cant i replace it with a V6 box?? Is 3 the limit?

Many thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned live TV is fine - how about if you pause a live programme and watch slightly delayed. That's also a recording and uses the hard drive in the same way. If this also plays up, then the box's hard drive is failing and the TiVo will need replacing. If the recordings are on (what sounds like) a corrupted hard drive, then that can't be fixed without the box being swapped out.

I'd suggest recording on the V6 boxes for now, and if you have an Ethernet cable run from the TiVo to your router, use multiroom streaming to watch them elsewhere.

And yes, the TiVo-platform supports upto 3 x V6 and then one additional TiVo on one installation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Karl72
On our wavelength

Hi,if thats the case then why am i paying extra for 3 V6 boxes aswell as this old tivo aswell? Should i not change and just get this multi room package with one box and these mini boxes?

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You already have a multiroom subscription if you have 3 x V6 and an extra TiVo. I suspect you're referring to the adverts for TV360 which is VM's latest software platform and which would replace TiVo.

The miniboxes you've seen reference to, are the 360 equivalent of additional V6 and don't have hard drives, they just slave from the master box. Also 360 has a limit of 3 boxes per home, whereas you currently have 4.

At present if you have 3 x V6 plus 1 x TiVo, you have 21 recording tuners (6 in each of the V6 plus 3 in the TiVo) with 3.5/4Tb of storage, and the ability to multiroom stream between all of them - caveated that the TiVo will need an Ethernet connection to your router/home-hub to do so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Karl72
On our wavelength

Ok,so can anyone look into a replacement Tivo as theres obviously something faulty with this Tivo as recordings arent recording as should please?It worked fine last year and i shouldnt need to run cables back and forth just to watch recordings.

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Indeed so - VM staff do monitor this board, but it's not a real-time facility and it may take a couple of days. If you want an immediate response, I'd recommend calling in.

And just for clarity on the multiroom streaming - your V6 use the same connection between each box and your homehub for OnDemand & all streaming, so those can multiroom stream as a matter of course.

It's the TiVo that gets the internet connection over the coax connection, so needs a separate wired connection to use multiroom streaming.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Karl72

Welcome back to the forums and thank you once again for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your TV services. 

I would be more than happy to take a further look into this for you. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me with that information via PM

I have taken a look over the account & we are going to need to get an engineer out to resolve this issue. 

I have taken the opportunity to book the engineer visit, to view the time, date & make any amendments please visit your My Virgin Media account. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Karl72
On our wavelength

Wow! Great stuff,quick booking too,thank you very much.

Karl