Menu
pbarrett
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pictures freezing at 22.00 ( 10 PM ) every night

This has been happening for the last few weeks and is extremely annoying. The picture freezes at exactly 22.00 every night and when it resumes, the playback jumps to current time. I think we are normally a few minutes behind real time. I saw a post from two years ago, surely this can't be the same root cause can it?

Tivo is on 20.8.1.RC9-VMS-2-C8A

My V6 box doesn't display the same issue.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pictures freezing at 22.00 ( 10 PM ) every night

Is a recording starting on the same channel at the same time as the issue?

This will cause a momentary freeze plus the viewing buffer will be flushed & is normal behavior.

The only other cause I can think of is if a piece of electrical electrical equipment on the house is causing mains disturbance at this time.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pbarrett
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pictures freezing at 22.00 ( 10 PM ) every night

Thanks thanks for the reply. I'll check to see if a recording was starting, but I doubt that happens every night at ten, unless I'm inadvertently recording the news!! 

I don't think something is causing a mains spike either. 

NB - the pic freezes for about 2-3 mins, but I can then rewind to what I've missed, but is very annoying.

I have also deleted a load of recordings, taking the disc down from full, to about 70%.

0 Kudos