cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture stalls, stutters and pixilates

VicF55
Joining in

Hi

My TiVo picture stalls, stutters and pixilates, especially when playing back recordings. 

I've checked cables and rebooted the box numerous times over the last six months, but it's not made any difference. 

From reading other answers it sounds like a hard drive problem, so it seems like I need an engineer round. 

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hard drive problems will affect recorded & delayed TV, both of which use the HDD in the same way.

You can report service faults one of two ways - calling in (150 from VM, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or waiting here (might be a day or so) for staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not mentioned whether you have any issues with live TV, so I'll ask.. do you?

If yes - then that's the underlying problem and you likely have a signal fault.

If no - try pausing live TV for a short while and watch it delayed, this is also a recording and uses the hard drive in the same way.

You can report service faults one of two ways - calling in (150 from VM, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or waiting here (might be a day or so) for staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

VicF55
Joining in

Hi

I'll check and get back to you. 

Thanks

Hi, I've checked everything and it's mainly on playback of recordings. I've only seen it stutter once on live TV. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hard drive problems will affect recorded & delayed TV, both of which use the HDD in the same way.

Thank you, I will call them!

Have a great weekend, wherever you are. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi VicF55,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Since posting have you been able to contact the team? 

Let us know if not and we'll run further checks from here.

Cheers,

Kain

Hi Kain 

Yes, I've had some good advice, now I know what to do. 

Thank you!

Hey Vic55, thank you for getting back to me. 

I am happy to hear the advice you have got from our amazing community has helped you out. 

If you ever need anything again you know where to find us. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?