cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture on tv is pixelated

Lozziecrxox
Tuning in

Hey,

I’ve recently connected up my tv hub after not using it for a while. Now my hdmi works perfectly for my Nintendo switch. But it did the same for my ps5 on certain games. When I had my old tv it also worked perfectly  

anyway. I’ve put the resolution down to the lowest I can see 560 and I’m still having white dots appearing on the screen. Is there anyway I can resolve this ? 

Is there anyway I can get a lower resolution 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lozziecrxox 

The lowest resolution is 576.

You say you haven't used the "tv hub"  for a while.

Usually VM set top nboxes that haven't been used for around 30 days are deactivated and need reactivating again so yuu can use them. THis may be what's happened in your situation. You've posted in the Tivo forum so it may also be that you still have one of the earliest Tivo boxes  which have been de-commisioned.

Try calling the Activation number 0800 953 9500 and have the set top box serial number, and your account and area number handy to see if they can activate it.

If that doesn't work then when was the last time you used the set top box? It might also be helpful to provide a picture of it.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lozziecrxox 

The lowest resolution is 576.

You say you haven't used the "tv hub"  for a while.

Usually VM set top nboxes that haven't been used for around 30 days are deactivated and need reactivating again so yuu can use them. THis may be what's happened in your situation. You've posted in the Tivo forum so it may also be that you still have one of the earliest Tivo boxes  which have been de-commisioned.

Try calling the Activation number 0800 953 9500 and have the set top box serial number, and your account and area number handy to see if they can activate it.

If that doesn't work then when was the last time you used the set top box? It might also be helpful to provide a picture of it.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

1C9FE529-9326-4507-86B2-870CDB81D67A.jpeg

Hey,

thanks for the answer. The channels are working on it fine - I got a new contract a couple of days ago so I’m sure they would’ve activated it. 

Not too sure where I’ve posted - find this forum very difficult to navigate lol

attached some photos of my hub 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Lozziecrxox 

That's a picture of either a V6 box, or the newer 360 -   Unless you have a remote control with a voice button then it's a V6 box.

Now that I've reread your post I realise that  you say that the HDMI cable was working perfectly for your Nintendo switch, but it looks like you had a few issues  with the ps5 on certain games - I would definitley try a different/ new HDMI cable.

My other "help" may be totally off track having reread the post, but it is still ;possible that the V6 may need reactivating.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.