Phone VM and report a fault.

Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture break up on HD channels

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your picture.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I've picked up an issue with your input signal levels. This is likely causing the pixelation and will need to be adjusted by a technician.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

DiCycles
Tuning in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem for weeks now with HD BBC2 and Channel 5.  I called Virgin and was told it '...might be because of the hot weather' and they were 'only aware of a problem with Channel 5'.  Well, the hot weather continues as does the (really annoying) picture break up so it will be interesting to see what happens when it cools down again Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
orions
Tuning in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

We have picture break up problems mainly on HD channels with the tv that is connected to the tivo box, the V6 box connected to our other tv is absolutely fine. Its very frustrating.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

If it's very frustrating, take some sample recordings or homemade video of the problem happening and report it to Virgin as a fault. You're paying for a service, after all.

If you can capture the problem happening "live" either with CS or a field tech, then all the better.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi DiCycles,

Thank you for taking the time to post back in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you experiencing some issues with the picture breaking up.

I have located your account using your Forum details and everything thing is look good from here but the downstream levels are not quite within our required specifications.

I would like to arrange for an engineer to take a look at this for you.

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Diane,

Thank you for coming back and confirming this appointment is good for yourself.

We are always more than happy to help with any matter if you need us 🙂

I hope you have a lovely weekend and that the weather is kind to you.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
LaticsDave
Joining in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have a TIVO box downstairs and a V6 box upstairs. The HD channels on the V6 box are absolutely fine but a number of HD channels on the TIVO box have picture break up. Those channels include most of the Sky Movies HD channels as well Sky Sports football HD and Sky Sports cricket HD. There are also other HD channels including 4HD that also suffer picture break up.

Any advice or help would be appreciated

Dave  

0 Kudos
DiCycles
Tuning in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Update: My thanks to Louise for organising an engineer visit. He came yesterday and changed the connectors, but mostly the signal strength was fine and he couldn't find any 'faults' per se. He also said it could actually be the very hot weather causing the picture break up. To be fair, this now seems to have resolved itself on BBC2 and Channel 5 but is now affecting ITV4HD and BBC4HD. I'm not wishing summer away of course, but it seems things may get back to 'normal' once the weather does!
0 Kudos