cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture break-up and pixelation

bigbob1
Joining in

Hi there

Last  week I received by email the Virgin Media ‘TV trouble shooting tool’ and as my tv picture spasmodically pixelates I thought I’d give it a try and it came up with ‘Intermittent signal’. Since then I’ve been unable to double check this as each time I try I get the message  ‘Ooops - page could not be found’.

As regards the pixelation I’ve tried all the recommended ways to remedy this but nothing seems to work. I wonder perhaps whether it’s it could be to do with the fact that the original cable installation was carried out by United Artists ( one of the forerunners of Virgin Media) nearly 30 years ago and some of the connection kit may be ageing.

I’d appreciate any thoughts and help.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bigbob1,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you are still facing pixilation despite trying all you were advised to, I have been able to locate your account and have done some further checks and you do require a new Set to box.

So I can get this arranged I will invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bigbob1,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat, please let us know how things go once the technician has been, if you do have any further issues please do not hesitate to reach back out?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

You asked me to report back to you on your technician’s visit last week.

He didn’t replace the TiVo box as you said but instead checked the signal which he felt was too high and made the necessary adjustments including shortening the co-axial cable.

We agreed that I’d then monitor the picture quality for pixelation.

After a week, there is still some evidence of pixelation on the main channels but BBC Four is still very bad and at times almost unwatchable.

So it looks like as you stated originally I do need that new box.

If you could arrange another visit by a technician to do this’ll , I’d be very grateful.

Many thanks 

Kind regards

Robert Stillwell

Hi bigbob1,

Thank you for that information. I'm very sorry that you're continuing to have problems with this. 

What I will do is private message you so we can get this arranged for you. 

^Martin

Thank you for speaking with me over Private Message. 

Please do let me know how the visit goes. 

If you do need to amend this you can do it via your online account: https://virg.in/myvmapp

^Martin