cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Pixelation

Dan123456789
Tuning in

Hello Dear Community,

Sadly I have a recurrence of a picture pixelation problem that has been blighting me for many months now. The problem is that there is pixelation on many SD channels including Al Jazerra, Yesterday, Yesterday plus one, Dave, Dave plus one, Sky One and W. The problem was fixed in mid July but it seems to have returned and is more pronounced on cloudy and inclement days.  The problem does not affect HD channels.

Kind regards,

Dan.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Exactly as when you last posted in July, I'll include the standard answer first!

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

A couple of the channels you've mentioned are on the same broadcast frequency, but with SD channels there's anything upto 20 on one frequency - so going through them will be very exhaustive and probably not prove a great deal. One obvious standout is that Al-Jazeera SD & Dave Ja Vu are on the same TX as 4-Seven & Gold+1 which I'd guess you also have access to.

Otherwise - same advice as before. One reboot first, then check local status by phone. If nothing's reported - either call in via 150 or wait on here. You'll almost certainly need a tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply Japitts,

I've tried the standard steps of rebooting, checking the cables, picture checks and service checks via the Virgin Media website but sadly no change in picture quality or problems found. I shall wait on here for any updates.

Kind Regards,

Dan.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd usually recommend checking on the automated phoneline for local service issues - 0800 5610061

It's more localised, which is often what signal issues tend to be. The website status is generally for higher-level or wide-area problems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sadly the problem is still persisting. It is a recurrence of the same problem that I have had for many months now, i.e. pixelation problems on a range of SD channels.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dan123456789, thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies for the issues you've had with your TV service. I've looked into this today and as things stand there are no known area issues, so we will need to arrange for an engineer to attend & check things over. 

Please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope icon) and we'll get that sorted out for you.

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @Dan123456789. I've booked a visit from an engineer and you will find confirmation of the appointment via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and you can reschedule from there if needed as well.

Please let us know how that goes, or if there's anything else we can help with.

Tom