Menu
newts239
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone line down

Hi my landline number is down and I don’t want to ring on my mobile as last time it cost me over £40 in mobile charges to get the issues resolved.

How else can I contact virgin to look into the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line down

Hi Newts239,

Thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the landline service. I hope that this has been resolved since your post, however if you're still having issues please check for any reported issues here.

If no issues are listed in the general area, you can then sign in and run a fault test on the line. If an issue is found it will allow you to book and engineers appointment.

Thanks

Lucy

Virgin Media Forum Team

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
newts239
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Lucy.

there are no faults in the area and the test doesn’t pick up any issues. However there is still no dial tone when I pick up the phone. 

I have checked all the wires and everything is correct.

any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
stevio11
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem and the test says the line is ok so am going to buy a cheap second phone to eliminate the problem between phone or connection. Would not suppose me one bit that something has been switched at the switchbox on the street

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rebecca_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi newts239, 

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm really sorry that you're still having trouble with your landline. I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a look at this for you, so I've sent you a private message so that we can arrange this. 

@stevio11, I'm sorry that you're also having trouble with your landline at the moment. I'll also send you a private message to arrange an engineer appointment if the second handset also doesn't work. 

You'll both be able to find your messages by clicking on the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen. 

Take care 

Rebecca 

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos